Happy Friday, everyone! We thought today would be a great day to share one of our all-time favorite salad dressing recipes. And when I say all-time, I mean I learned it about a year ago and it’s definitely my go-to (and will be my go-to) now and forever. Seriously.
I’m normally a blue cheese dressing type of gal, but this recipe from The Honest Life (https://www.honest.com/baby/the-honest-life) is a great way to add flavor to a salad without making it heavy. It’s so easy even I couldn’t mess it up. It goes well with any type of salad, but my favorite is to drizzle it over some lettuce, tomatoes and avocados. The flavor of the lemon brings out the flavor of everything else. It’s simply divine (and fresh!).
Confession: I create this dressing completely by eye…no measuring. I tried to measure a couple of times and found it easier just to eyeball it. So, you’ll get my inaccurate measurements for this one. One tip – I add everything in a mason jar so it is easier to tell the proportions (since I don’t, you know, measure stuff).
- Equal parts olive oil and fresh squeezed lemon juice.*
- A squirt or two of Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Other potential add-ins: red wine vinegar, chili powder and/or spicy brown mustard.
- Mix well and drizzle over your salad. Tada! You’re ready to go!
- Note: This dressing only saves for a day or two and is best fresh.
- Double Note: Fresh lemon juice is a must. Lemon juice concentrate is definitely not the same. Here’s my tip: cut a lemon in half and use a fork to pierce the insides of the lemon before trying to squeeze the juice out. Works like a charm.
Try it out and let me know what you think!
Have a fabulous weekend,