Happy Tuesday, everyone! Hope you all had a fantastic weekend. As many of you have probably heard by now, I had my daughter early yesterday morning in a surprise home birth! Everything went well and we are already back home. :) Obviously the regularly scheduled post did not go out, so I am sharing it here! While it’s not as exciting as telling the whole birth story (which you’ll hear, don’t worry), this is a great recipe that is super simple to make. I guarantee we’ll be making it often these next few weeks as we adjust to being a family of four!
If you’re like us and feel like you need a weekend to recover from the weekend, I have a quick and easy dinner recipe for tonight that is sure to make your weekly to-do list a tad lighter. I’m totally stealing this from Paige’s side of the family…but I’m technically part of the family so it’s not really stealing, right? More like spreading the love, because this recipe is super simple and can be tailored to fit any picky eater’s needs. And it’s delicious, but that’s obvious because I wouldn’t be sharing it with you otherwise. :)
I love this recipe because you can basically make a ‘taco salad’ with any ingredients you have in your fridge. While the standard ingredients are what you would normally find in a taco (hence the name…get it?) the secret ingredient is caesar dressing. Yes, that’s right, caesar dressing. I was so hesitant to try it at first but, let me tell you, there is something about the tangy flavor of the dressing paired with seasoned ground beef and cheese that is surprisingly tasty. In my own opinion, Kraft caesar dressing is the only way to go here. My husband and I have tried fancier looking caesar dressing and it just isn’t quite the same. I would imagine maybe a homemade caesar dressing would work well here, but who has the time for that? (hint: if it’s you, bless you…and may I have the recipe?).
- 1 lb ground beef
- Taco seasoning
- ½ head lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup cheese (or more, I won't judge)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup olives (a must in our house)
- Kraft caesar dressing
- Tortilla chips
- In a medium saucepan, season the ground beef with your preferred taco seasoning. Cook on medium-high heat until the meat is thoroughly cooked (no pink).
- While the meat is cooking, shred the lettuce and cheese (unless you're cool and buy pre-shredded lettuce and cheese). Dice the tomato and cut the olives, if you'd like.
- When the meat is finished and the veggies are prepped, fill your plate in the following order (recommended, of course, you can do whatever you want): (1) Crushed tortilla chips, (2) ground beef, (3) cheese, (4) lettuce, (5) any other veggie you prefer and (6) dressing.
Just a note: you don’t have to use ground beef, we’ve used chicken before and it is really good. Again, you can create your own salad with any veggie/meat you have (we’ve added corn and avocado before).
If you try this out tonight, or some other night, let us know what you think! Caesar or no caesar? I’d love to hear your verdict. :)
Til next time,