Summer is close to halfway over (wahhhhh), which means we’re nearing the end of strawberry season (double wahhhhh). This salad is the perfect way to make the most of the strawberries you have left over! Plus, each serving includes a deceivingly large amount of spinach, tossed with a tangy homemade honey mustard dressing. I’ve prepped this salad ahead of time for lunch later in the week and have stored it in mason jars in the fridge. Not only does it take away the frustration of trying to find something to eat when you’re already hungry (hangry, anyone?!) but mason jar salads just look cool. :)
The recipe below is for one serving, but you can easily double (or triple) to serve it to a larger crowd!
- 2 cups raw spinach
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- 1 Tbsp. goat cheese
- 1 Tbsp. sliced almonds
- ½ cup reduced-fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp. raw honey (I've just used regular honey)
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste (optional)
- For the salad, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Toss with 1 TBS of the dressing.
- To make the dressing, combine yogurt, mustard, honey, and vinegar in a medium bowl and mix well. Slowly add oil, whisking constantly until well blended; season with salt if desired.
- Optional: add in ½ cup cooked quinoa for extra substance.
The original recipe is included with one of Beachbody’s suggested meal plans for the 21 Day Fix! You can find the full meal plan HERE. They have some great recipes and meal prep tips if you are ever looking for new options!
Happy eating, friends!
P.S. Looking for more strawberry recipes? You HAVE to check out Paige’s strawberry pretzel salad!