I know, I know, you saw the title and thought to yourself “Yeah right, no way my family will eat those…”
To be honest, I haven’t met a person who didn’t like these Brussels Sprouts. I’m telling you, even a 5 year old told me these were delicious! They have the perfect amount of crunch on the outside, and they are soft but not too mushy on the inside – a delicious way to get in your leafy greens for the day. They are perfect because they make a great side dish to chicken, beef, fish, or any vegetarian concoction you like. Try them out and you might be surprised how fast they are gobbled up!
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts
- Juice from half a lemon
- 2 -3 Tbs olive oil
- 2 -3 cloves minced garlic (garlic powder is okay if you are out of fresh garlic)
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash sprouts and cut in half long ways.
- In a large bowl, toss sprouts with lemon and olive oil. Add garlic, and sprinkle pepper, salt, and onion powder. Toss again to mix ingredients evenly.
- Spread sprouts evenly on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with any olive oil and lemon juice remaining in the bowl.
- Bake in 375 degree oven 25-30 minutes, and toss once about 15 minutes into baking. When they reach a golden brown color on the edges they are done! Serve warm with extra lemon juice as desired.
**Note: All the measurements listed above are approximate and can be adjusted according to taste and number of servings. In fact, I estimate everything in this recipe. This makes it easy to adjust the amount of servings you cook; if you want to cook 1 ½ lbs of sprouts, just add an extra drizzle, a spritz and a few extra shakes of everything. No need to be exact!
Hope you enjoy this tasty version of the usual boring sprouts. Try them out and let me know how it goes!
That’s all for now,
Recipe adapted from: Cooking Classy